More or Less Homeschooling & Home-making Adventure

I am a work in progress. I am striving to be an encouraging wife, a fun and loving homeschool mother, to learn to homestead, organize, and adapt. I desire to see life more like Jesus and less like the world's view of what's important. I praise God that I am saved by grace alone, through faith alone, by Christ alone! Cuz' I CAN'T DO IT ON MY OWN!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advent Day 1

We started our Advent a day late. Since we started on Sunday at Church and life got busy Sunday night, we started on Monday.

Advent Activity 1

Gather candles - 3 purple, 1 pink and 1 larger white candle, Candle ring, and Cedar boughs

We sent the children out in the dark with flashlights and clippers to bring back Cedar boughs. We set up the candles and made a ring of Cedar boughs. We discussed the meaning of each candle, the living greenery, and the never ending ring (of God's love. We lit the first candle and practiced our Christmas songs for the Church play. It was a beautiful family time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment